Monday, May 19, 2008

Grom Session


I made a trip down to Cape Town for my very good friends wedding, the surf was huge and out of control but the weather absolutely fine, typical Cape Autumn weather. Whilst down in Cape Town I met up with Ethan Fletcher and his good friend and next door neighbour Jordan.I met them at their home in Kommetjie, the two boys bravely though they were going to surf 4-6 foot long beach so it was the coaches decision to move the lesson to Fishhoek where we found a perfect 2/3 foot wave to work with. These two kids are the future of South African surfing and both have the potential to be the best surfers in the world with the right guidance and support. I have worked with Ethan before and at the young age of 8 is showing mountains of potential, it is great meeting with him and watching him grow and mature within his surfing. I met and worked with Jordan for the very first time and am really looking forward to working with him in the future. This kid is also showing heaps of potential and was really focused and attentive in the lesson, its really rewarding seeing these kids with open minds just wanting to learn.

No comments: